Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally finished them. Waay more work than I thought. Over 40 hrs of polishing after welding to be good enough to chrome. If I knew the steel had to be polished to chrome anyway, I'd have built them out of stainless. Also, I thought a 10' long 5" pipe looked HUGE!. Not after putting it on the Mega Long. I could have made them 6" and 11' long. As it was I could only find one chrome shop with a 10' tank.

The install went flawless, everything fit perfect the first time. I was nervous about how the Y pipe would fit, but I needed some flex, and the 10" piece of flex pipe in the downpipe did the trick just right.

I added the DPF delete module with it. Much louder! and noticably more power!! It smokes the duall's at will. I had the truck completely sideways on the dry pavement :peelout:.

In town I get lots of heads turning as it echoes off the buildings. The exhaust brake sounds like a jet taxiing for take off.
I'll try to post the pics. I wish I knew how to post video. The sound is awesome!! Towing might be annoying. I'll have to put a roll of torch on roofing in the interior of the truck soon to deaden the sound for long hauls. In town I'll just roll down the window.

Reactions: skirsman

·
Registered
99 Posts
holy crap that is the coolest thing I have ever seen. great job.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
DANG!!!!!! now lets see it blow some smoke!

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
Wow!!! That is impressive!:thumbsup :woot:

·
Banned
5,586 Posts
Dude, that is awesome! I wonder how long until someone uses it as a step!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Dude, that is awesome! I wonder how long until someone uses it as a step!
I would have built them to double as a side step. Watch out for burnt calves!

Looks pretty bad A$$ though. Nice Job!

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
man your rear rims and tires ar going to be harder than heck to keep clean. looks really good tho. i had my exhaust come out in front of the tire liek that adn the tire it self just looked horrible then i would have to clean the rims every week.

·
Registered
483 Posts
That is awesome !!!! Let's see some smoke !!:thumbsup

·
Registered
235 Posts
nice!! looks awsome, and you deff took your time cause it looks dun up right. I had side pipes on my old GMC gasser, head turner when I got on it, the thing sounded like a tractor at idol, everything was straight(except cats)

·
Registered
97 Posts
im gonna go cry myself to sleep knowing that i will never have anything that looks that AWESOME! great work. lets see some smoke coming out of em!

·
Registered
733 Posts
:woot::thumbsupVery impressive craftmenship. Would love hear'em !

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
that truck would look so awesome lifted up on 22.5s

·
Registered
721 Posts
Nice, when I red the tread I thought "what a ," Man was I wrong, those look great. Awsome looking truck! Those are something to be proud of.

·
Registered
124 Posts
them pipes are the you did one heck of a job on them to just have 40 hours in them, i love em, great work, just hope they dont turn blue on you or get a foot print burnt into them by someone stepping on them

Rider

Reactions: rrr2
1 - 20 of 206 Posts