Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the turbo back system with a muffler from Rollin Smoke Diesel... First impressions are that it's much quieter than my 4040xl but you know it's there. More of a tinny type sound with more noise from the turbo :thumbsup:System looks great on the truck, it reduced my egt's considerably (150-200*) @ WOT. The guys that installed it did however have to fix the hanger on the down pipe, he said it was bent the wrong way or something so just a heads up there! For the the guys on a budget that want performance without the gaudy loud of straight pipe, you can't beat this system for the money I'll get pictures up tomorrow.... Hope this helps you guys that are trying to pull the trigger!:thumbsup:

·
home grown show
895 Posts
yeah got a shop down here installs the turbo back system for i think around 340 or so sound decent for the old man put them on his two dodges with the muffler and i use to have the turbo back on mine w/o the muffler

·
Registered
719 Posts
I just did mine and I love it..... I had no muf on mine but still had the cat on mine and the 5'' is much quieter. Love it

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still getting used to it being so much quieter but I think I like it!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just towed with it today and it does have some drone at 65 goin up a hill at 15 to 20psi.... The more I drive it the more I wish it was louder, my mpg is goin way down with me goosin it tryin to hear what it sounds like lol... I will probably end up taking this muffler off and throwing a 5050xl on it.... I loved the way my 4040xl sounded but I can't seem to find any sound clips or videos of a 5050 in action, anybody know where I can listen to one?

Turbo back, I'll get em posted right away 1 Ton!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll get more pics from under the truck later its rained for the past 3 days and I'm to pretty to get dirty :hehe:

·
Diesel Junkie
2,008 Posts
Looks good. No I am wanting one even more.:drool2:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Did you do the Cat-back 5"?

And where are the pictures?:drool2:
Slacking boys!!! Ill get some pics tomorrow...

I did the TB system with muf

·
Registered
719 Posts
Just towed with it today and it does have some drone at 65 goin up a hill at 15 to 20psi.... The more I drive it the more I wish it was louder, my mpg is goin way down with me goosin it tryin to hear what it sounds like lol... I will probably end up taking this muffler off and throwing a 5050xl on it.... I loved the way my 4040xl sounded but I can't seem to find any sound clips or videos of a 5050 in action, anybody know where I can listen to one?

Turbo back, I'll get em posted right away 1 Ton!
It sounds sick with it straight piped!!!!!!! I did mine for two days, but as much as I drive with gooseneck trailers, I cant handle the extra reverb.... I have the delete pipe for the system if you are interested?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here's some more pics from under the truck for those of you who want to see.
You can see there is a hanger just uhhhhh hangin there in the second picture, not sure why its there? Sorry I couldn't get better ones, I had to lay on the ground under the truck to get these.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It sounds sick with it straight piped!!!!!!! I did mine for two days, but as much as I drive with gooseneck trailers, I cant handle the extra reverb.... I have the delete pipe for the system if you are interested?
I like straight pipe but not for a truck that I pull my company trailer with, it draws too much of the wrong kind of attention. Because I like to here it lol and when I hear it EVERYONE hears it.:peelout I'm leaning towards the 5050xl or Magnaflow for a muffler.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
Very nice :thumbsup:

The hanger you see attached is used when the exhaust is installed on a 07.5-09 6.7

James
RSD

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's a few videos from my phone

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey cdawg was that video of your truck with the windows up or down?? and im guessing at WOT?? thanks it sounds great and im not sure if i want this exhaust

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Reactions: cdawg714

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey cdawg was that video of your truck with the windows up or down?? and im guessing at WOT?? thanks it sounds great and im not sure if i want this exhaust
That was passenger windows down with a wooden fence about 15ft away and about 3/4 throttle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts