Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Should I go with the FBD 5-inch budget kit or keep stock exhaust????

• Go With FBD 5-inch

Votes: 63 72.4%
  • Stick With Stock exhaust

Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other

Votes: 13 14.9%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been tackling whether to get a FBD 5-inch exhaust for about the past two months. I think that my truck sounds pretty good right now with the stock straight pipe. I was just wondering if a 5-inch is really what everybody says it is in regards to....1) IT SOUNDS SO MUCH BETTER THAN STOCK EXHAUST....2) IT GETS ALOT LOWER EGTS....

So my question is this.... is it really worth buying?? Does it sound better than stock and does it lower egs substantially?? ALso, would it help on fuel, milage?? I would appreciate any tips and opinions....thanks alot guys!!!!:beer

·
Registered
974 Posts
I havent ran the fbd kit but i had 5 inch on an old truck and liked it better than the factory exhaust. The egt's dropped and the exhaust tone was deeper than factory straight. Its all up to what you want though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
had the 5" FBD w\ muffler on my '02. sounded awesome as long as you were not on the highway a lot. made a few 2 hour runs at 65-70 mph and the drone made me want to chew my head off. if it is for city driving mainly - then go for it for sure. very deep tone!

·
Registered
568 Posts
i have FBD 5in w/muffler and i like it. sounds goods dropped egts some, i dont have any drone on highway or towing

·
Mark Ward
836 Posts
Had it on my 01 and loved it. NO MUFFLER. It was loud but not as loud as stacks

·
Registered
740 Posts
I run the 5" kit on mine. It sounds so much better than the stock. switching to the five will give you much deeper sound. For a sound clip (in Neutral) search for FBD 5" Budget Kit here on the forum.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so far it's lookin like it's goin to be the 5 inch....

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
so far it's lookin like it's goin to be the 5 inch....
U wont be disappointed bud :thumbsup I have a few buddies that bought em an wish they would have bought the 5 inch kit a long time ago. :peelout

·
Banned
2,613 Posts
Gus is good ppl and ive heard nothing but good from his 5" exhaust..

·
Registered
245 Posts
I love mine, cant beat the price...Some say the drone is bad on the freeway, but its almost quiet as stock for me cruzin on the freeway.:confused: Only really gets loud when you really get into it...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Anyone else got any sound clips...?? Some cameras pick up sound differently than others, would be nice to have a comparison....

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will it help at all with fuel milage????

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any other input from anybody else????

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bumps on fuel milage????

·
Mark Ward
836 Posts
with edge, 150's, and a silver 62 with the 5 inch i was gettin around 16. but im not sure on a stock truck

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
anybody else with any info on milage????

·
Registered
740 Posts
anybody else with any info on milage????
I didn't notice a difference with mine.... I most likely started getting worse mileage in town due to my heavy foot. She sure sounds beautiful at WOT!!!!
:peelout:woot::peelout

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I didn't notice a difference with mine.... I most likely started getting worse mileage in town due to my heavy foot. She sure sounds beautiful at WOT!!!!
:peelout:woot::peelout
Yeah, I hear from everybody that they sound really good but I am just afraid that if I order one that I won't like the sound of it or somthin and then there I'll be....lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts