Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookin for some 5'' ID flexible hose or tubing to make a snorkel for my buddies truck. Anyone know where I can get it at.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:thud: Anyone????

·
Registered
344 Posts
McMaster Carr has 5"ID flex hose... but i'd recomend doing it in PVC or thinwall PVC. flex hose as a huge static pressure drop so if you have a longer run, the volume and velocity of air will be cut down

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I know you can use 4" toilet flange to attach the hose to, but what are you using to attach the 5" hose to under the box?

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys was gonna use a piece of 5'' exhaust pipe and bolt it down to the top of the carb then just run the hose back threw the fire wall. Dunno if i need 5'' It's for a 383 stroke i just wanna try to get as much air to it as possible so i don't gotta worry about choking the motor down just a temporary thing till i get time to build a box for it.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Typically carbs have a 5-1/8" 'bore'

Im sure 5" tubing would work, but depending how high that 383 is going to be spinning you might want to find something a little bigger

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a crate motor suppose to be 400 horse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts