Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just finished installing them and all i can say is WOW it is ridiculously loud. i will have pics by tomorow (camera has no battery left). It looks amazing and the sound is :thud: when i floor it from a stop it sounds like a straight piped lbz duramax then it gets real deep like a 5.9

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,131 Posts
Good stuff. I cant wait to see your pics of your set up. It sounds like a killer set up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll have pics by the latest tomorow night, the set up is awesome, 5" down 5" all the way back into a 5" flex pipe and up to a 5" t pipe with 7" stacks. Eventually i'm going to run 5" down into 6" exhaust into 5" flex pipe, i like it loud.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Sounds cool. Cant wait to see pics. Maybe some video too?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i'll get my gf to do the vid i have no idea when it comes to that stuff. Tomorow i'm entering in a tug of war competition at a truck show so i'm going to try and vid that, maybe me pulling a ford or chevy backwards would be a cool video, shouldn't be too hard lol

·
Registered
681 Posts
Congrads on the new kit I'm running something close but just did the 4" instead of the 5" I would also like to here some video of it to compare....LOL ....enjoy they are a blast!

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Did you have straight TBE before you did all this dude or what? You seem to have more power with all this new noise? I look forward to seeing the vids...

Now other questions I have from what your sig. shows you having done, you have your stock intake for now. Do you have the air baffle removed and running a stock 5.9 filter, if not you should try this dude, I bet you will find it really nice for sound as well... It will help get the much needed air into the engine as well for the cost of the stock 5.9 filter and then getting the baffle MIA...

·
Registered
138 Posts
well im glad to hear u finally got them on man.cant wait to see some pics!!:peelout

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there awesome, i'm visting parents out of town but pics will be on tonight and possibly a vid.

I do have the intake baffle mod but with the stock filter, soon will be an aem intake. The stacks are great but really loud inside the cab (obviously) and can get sometimes annoying (rarely). They sound great look great all i have to do now is get a 5" down pipe to replace my 4.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
there awesome, i'm visting parents out of town but pics will be on tonight and possibly a vid.

I do have the intake baffle mod but with the stock filter, soon will be an aem intake. The stacks are great but really loud inside the cab (obviously) and can get sometimes annoying (rarely). They sound great look great all i have to do now is get a 5" down pipe to replace my 4.
Are you running the stock down pipe with the CAT in it? A 5 inch one will be louder but should flow better. Is there enough room for a muffler with your new setup?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm running the stock downpipe but with the cat taken out, there is defenatley room for a muffler.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Video video video.:hyper::hyper::hyper:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my gf is reading up on her new camera were trying.....

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
i'm running the stock downpipe but with the cat taken out, there is defenatley room for a muffler.
I am gonna be posting a thread in a couple mins about a Hushpower Muffler. I just installed one on my truck from Wally at FTEDiesel. Excellent product. Knocked the obnoxious edge off the sound and left the deep nice tone. Perfect product. If you are interested PM JacktheBear on the forums here about the Hushpower.:thumbsup

·
Registered
138 Posts
Im Glad U Like Them. Im Still Waiting For My 8" Stack Should Be Here Tomorrow. It Is Also Coming From Wally At Ftediesel. Hes A Great Guy And Will Help U With Anything U Need.call Him!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
damn 8" stack can't wait to see pics, i'm waiting on my gf to take some pics next hr, going to try and do a vid also.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i don't think i'm going to do the muffler, i kinda like being obnoxious lol i kinda wanna go louder, 5" down 6" all the way to the 5" flex.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yea. Right now im riding around with that 90 elbow i bought for your stacks, i have it pointed out towards the passenger rear tire.its so loud in the cab and when i pull off the map sensor from the edge comp it blacks out the road behind me:lol3:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts