Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

5" duals

1805 Views 19 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  money in the mane
i want to buy or have someone build me a 5" dual exhaust on my 01 ex cab long bed.. i live in taylorsville nc.. id rather have someone build it bc i dont want a mufler and i dont like how it angels behind the tires.. just want it purpendicular to my tires.. does anyone know someone around my area that can bed 5" exhaust..

thanks everyone
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
1,219 Posts
I would look in a phone book for muffer shop or try a dealer here on the site that sells exhaust kits.

· www.ATSdiesel.com
616 Posts
dual 5" will be a pointless waste of money... also straight out the back would be a very very bad idea... one, for looks... that look went out when the 88-98 chevy body style went out.... and second reason for a bad idea is the smoke cloud.. your tailgate will be covered, anything you tow will be covered.. etc... there is a reason they all turn out for diesel exhausts... if you buy a dual 4" kit though, if you are dead set on straight out the back, you can just fiddle with the pipes and turn them in the right way to where they are straight out... I have see others do it.... but again, I dont recomend it...

· Registered
180 Posts
I think he means a 90 degree angle in stead of a 45. Not straight out the back. but thats jus wut i get from it idk.:confused013:

· Registered
180 Posts
Yeah but to each his own. If that makes him happy then go for it.:thumbsup: Hes gonna b payin for it n it will b somethin different from wut everyone else has.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i want it at a 90 degree angle.. ive tried local exhaust shops and fabrication shops and theyve said they cant bend 5" tubin.. i was goin for something different. but thanks guys

· Some-Sho Some-Go
1,650 Posts
Will not be able to fit 5" duals and keep your spare. I would buy a MBRP kit because my flo pro kit is not a good choice. Just my 2 cents

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
idc about keeping my spare.. id like to find someone that can build me one instead of buyin a kit and still having to modife it to how i want it.. but if push comes to shove i will

· Registered
89 Posts
I wrote a how to do 5" exhaust in the performance forum and there's a guy with dual exhaust and posted some pics. Check it out.......

· Registered
166 Posts
Got my 5" duals straight out the back, on a flatbed, about 24" apart center to center. Went out in the 80's??? Guess I should just have stacks and follow the herd??:rof

The spare tire issue though, yep, no spare on my truck, got a cell phone though! Don't have a jack on the truck that would actually pick it up anyhow.

You can check with a truck shop and you can buy 5" 90's all day long, also place's on the net that sell them. I think most exhaust places can't bend 5" because of the machine, dies and so on are so expensive?? Just something I've heard.

If people didn't do something different there would likely be no diesel pickup's on the road with stacks cause the first guy that tried it would have been laughed at, called stupid, outdated or something. The first part in making your truck your own is not giving a schmidt about what folks think. :cool:

Besides, your totin' the note and paying the insurance, not them. :thumbsup:

· Registered
180 Posts
:agree2: Idc wut other ppl think. As long as i like my truck. :thumbsup:

· www.ATSdiesel.com
616 Posts
Got my 5" duals straight out the back, on a flatbed, about 24" apart center to center. Went out in the 80's??? Guess I should just have stacks and follow the herd??:rof

The spare tire issue though, yep, no spare on my truck, got a cell phone though! Don't have a jack on the truck that would actually pick it up anyhow.

You can check with a truck shop and you can buy 5" 90's all day long, also place's on the net that sell them. I think most exhaust places can't bend 5" because of the machine, dies and so on are so expensive?? Just something I've heard.

If people didn't do something different there would likely be no diesel pickup's on the road with stacks cause the first guy that tried it would have been laughed at, called stupid, outdated or something. The first part in making your truck your own is not giving a schmidt about what folks think. :cool:

Besides, your totin' the note and paying the insurance, not them. :thumbsup:
yes it went out in the 80's along with roll bars and diamond plate... ROFLMAO:rof:rof:buttkick: and while I own a truck with stacks, i did it for attention, I hate how they look, LMAO

but for the record, dual 5" will look good, and 90* out the side will look trick... what I was saying was it was pointless... theres no performance gain out of it... but if you can do it, please post pics.... i would like to see that... :thumbsup:

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok.. hopefuly i can get it done in the next couple weeks and ill post some pics.. i love my truck better than all my other vehicles ive ever owned even tho ive had more problems out of it than anything ive ever owned but im pretty sure ive got all the bugs out now so i can start makin it how i want it... thanks for the help guys.. and has anybody made all there dash and gauge lights blue.. is the bulbs green or is there a tent that makes them green.. wantin to make mine blue to match my cd player and cb.. any input would be appreciated.. thanks again guys..

· Registered
62 Posts
i have a buddy who ran his exaust to the back then used a y pipe from his old stacks then put 90degree tips on it and in my opinion it was a damn good idea and looks great.

· Registered
121 Posts
:party018::drool2:i built my duals turned out behind the tires at a strange angle and put 8" tips on it. not sure on the angle just went by what i liked. But i only got 3 inch exhaust "for now":blues:

· Registered
21 Posts
hey man you cant fit a five inch dual wont fit between your gas tank if you split it before thew diff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.