Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 cummins 2500 5.9 6speed with 92,000 miles. A code came up last night saying #5 Cylinder is misfiring.What would cause this to happin? The truck starts fine and smooth.It will have a rough idle at times and will take off rough at times to.After about 3 months of having the truck #5 injector line went bad. Had it replace at a dodge dealer. do you think the injector went bad when the line went bad?

I need all the advise i can get. Thanks

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
did the injector line crack??
if so its possible it could have got dirt or water into it.
most likely the injector is now running worse then the other 5.
or you could have a wiring issue, where the wires attach on top of the injector, if they were not snugged up, or the injector harness plug, where it plugs into the injector could have bent a prong there, could be many things really, start double checking the stuff you can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was spraying fuel out of the line where it goes into the feed tube. i got the #5 line fixed over the summer. this just started up last night with the #5 cylinder. i dont know if the injector is cracked or not?. how can i see if its cracked? and would a bad injector cause it to miss fire?

thanks for the reply i need all the help i can get

1 - 3 of 3 Posts