Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a dpf, egr delete kit with turbo back exhaust, the exhaust kit says 04.5-07 but my truck is an 08 this cant be right...right? i would sure like to know for sure before i call and make a fool of myself

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Samething. The reason it says 04.5-07 is because there isn't any place to put sensors. Those year 5.9's have the same turbo flange as our 6.7's.

Reactions: jlself

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
:agree2: bolt it up and don't look back!:thumbsup::peelout

Reactions: jlself

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oooooh...makes sense now, thanks man. i see you have the smarty...thats what i bought and will be installing everything this weekend...any tips?

·
Southern Idaho VP
1,578 Posts
helps if you have an extra hand to help get the old exhaust off

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
oooooh...makes sense now, thanks man. i see you have the smarty...thats what i bought and will be installing everything this weekend...any tips?
Mine has been set on the 60hp tune for 50k miles. I haven't really tried any other tunes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just did mine and here's some tips;

Second clamp from the turbo is where the new connects to.
Start from the back and work forward. I unbolted the dPF to remove in three parts.
It would probably help A LOT to have a lift to get the old exhaust worked out.
You're probably going to have to remove the tranny cross member (2 bolts on each side and two on top to secure the tranny to the cross member) Keep the tranny on a jack. This is so you can get the old downpipe/cat off and helps a lot getting the new one in.
To get the old downpipe off from the clamp at the turbo loosen up the clamp from the fender well if you can't reach it from below or above. Whack it a few times lightly and it should release the downpipe.
Other than that WD-40 and lots of elbow grease.

Here's what you are up against; I got frustrated and took a sawzall to the cat/downpipe only to find out I had to drop the crossmember to get the new one in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
soooo im gonna install everything tomorrow...what do i do with all the sensors that come out of the old pipe? cut em, tie em up???:confused013:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my monster can finally breathe...i freaking love it! :woohoo:thanks to all you guys for your help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts