Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am having a real issue. My truck started 2 days ago and instantly there was an awful grinding noise. When it was cranking it sounded fine. When I touched the pedal, for just a moment it sounded like the starter was still engaged. That went away. I free revved it (I know I'm dumb) and at 1800 rpm it hung for a moment and then died. I tried to restart the truck, it just cranked for about 15 seconds. I stopped, then tried again and now it isn't doing anything as if the batterys died. I really need to get this truck up and running (wife already wants me to get rid of it) any and all help is appreciated.

Truck and mods
99 24v 5.9
Nv4500
Valair dual disk
Raptor fuel pump
Stock turbo
150 injectors
Bhaf
4in exhaust
Ts mvp programmer.
Also, was having an acceleration issue early this week. No codes were being thrown. I haven't had the opportunity to check for codes yet. Any and all help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I just busted out the code reader. There weren't any codes. It said everything was normal. So I'm pretty lost.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another update, sorry for the spam, changed the fuel filter, it starts and isn't doing whatever it doing to begin with. It took a little coercion but hey. Still I'm worried though

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
That's one of the reasons to have a lift pump fuel pressure gauge, to maintain enough fuel pressure to run the engine and to be sure the expensive injector pump doesn't ruin internal parts because of insufficient cooling, lubricating fuel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts