Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an automatic 98 2500 club cab 4x4. 5.9 diesel that is having isssues. I replaced all the vacuum lines that go from the firewall that connects the cruise control and a/c down to the actual harness itself for the tcase and then the front axle lines that run by the frame to the front axle. Here’s what is still wrong. the line that connects to the evaporator from the a/c vacuum harness is bad because of rodents. The tcase shifter won’t go into 4h and i looked and it doesn’t seem to be anything caught by the linkage. Maybe underneath the boot? it doesn’t feel like the 4wd engages at all when shifted into 4L. I looked at the vacuum switch atop the tcase and it was pretty dirty and I cleaned it out but the ball feels pretty tough when I pushed down on it. I haven’t checked the cad and that my be my next thing to look at. I’m still relatively new to mechanics so explainations are helpful too. Any suggestions would be great!!

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
While I think its kinda expensive for what it is, these do work (see link below).

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I did a 1 piece axle shaft on my dually and eliminated the C A D. No discernible difference in mpg after 5000 miles.
😉🇺🇸

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[

[/QUOTE]
Thanks I’ll look into but I still need to know what’s might be wrong with it[/QUOTE]

·
Over that 2nd Gen life...
8,277 Posts
If you know there's a bad vacuum line somewhere, fix that first.

Then replace the vacuum switch. Quad 4x4 has them as well as other places.

After you've done that, pull the lines off the CAD actuator and check them to make sure you have a vacuum signal there. If you do, replace the actuator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts