Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got stuck in a snow bank and in 4x4 lock the truck wouldn't spin the tires at all, even with the pedal to the floor truck wouldn't rev over 2100rpm but in 4 low the tires would spin like they should, is this normal any ideas?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Let me get this right, 4wd low your truck acts normal, 4x4 lock/high its not spinning wheels at all? are you manual or electric shift 4x4? im willing to bed your transfer case is not fully engaged

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah won't spin motor just revs like it's under a lot of load but only rev 2100rpm, electic turn switch, went into low and back to high to try it again and same thing, got it pulled out with tractor then high/lock is normal

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
maybe being bound up at the wheels prevented it from properly goin into reg 4x4. Will it do it now, on regular ground?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems fine now, went into the snow in 4x4 once tires first stopped turning they wouldn't start turning again till I put in in low, I was wondering if they where to much pressure on the tires from being stuck but idk, there just 17" and it's just snow is that possible?

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
anything is possible. as long as it works now on ground, im gonna guess it was bound up

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Strange how it would only rev to 2100rpm tho

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
maybe, did it rev to 2100 and stop on its own no matter how much throttle you gave it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I stop the tire with the brakes then wouldn't turn again with the pedal to to floor even

1 - 9 of 9 Posts