Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove to work today in 4x4 hi and drove home in it to. Plowed my driveway and my sisters driveway. 4x4 hi still engaged and went to move after i was done and the rear wheels just spun. Could that be a vacuum problem it will move with the back wheels in all gears. But no 4x4. There is alot of ice under by the axle and trans. Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
with all the snow/ice build up under the axel, odds are pretty good you knocked the vacuum line off the front diff

·
Registered
521 Posts
When I still had the vacuum garbage I had the same prob nickg just stated. To prevent the problem I got the lines and nipples dry and clean put the lines on, and put a dab of Permatex on each line either end to keep them from pulling off. Since then i threw that acuator away and bought a Posi Lok. The Posi Lok was money well spent!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys hope its as easy as that i can't keep dropping money in it lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope that wasn't it. I don't know what else to do.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
could be the stupid diaphram that works the actuater mine just did the same thing over the weekend and im pretty sure thats what the mech said the prob was

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Take the line off the at the acuator, one at a time and put your finger on the line, have someone put it in 4wheel Drive, you should feel the suction... if your getting air to the acuator then you might have a bad acuator

Take the Acuator off from the axle and have someone put it in 4 wheel drive and see if it shifts over... this will at lease narrow down what can be wrong.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank y'all for the help ill tear into it nd see.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took it to the car wash to get the ice from under it pulled out of the carwash nd it started working. Wake up this morning and it dosent work again... i hose off the axel and the tranny/tcase yesterday. Must be vacuum line somewhere i guess.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey letzgoracin301 how much did that ruffly cost you to put that on. Do they make a kit or do u have to piece it together?? I'm gunna do something different I'm starting to hate this truck lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts