Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where the 4x4 switch for the dash light is on an 02. its a different set up than my 97. 4x4 works fine just no light

·
Registered
65 Posts
On my 98.5 the switch is on top of the front axle passenger side. It is above and to the left of the actuator (view from underneath the truck by passenger door). It should be the same for an 02.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats my problem no actuator on my 02 front axle. my 97 has that though and this is why im confused

·
Registered
218 Posts
the 4x4 light on my 02 never comes on and another guy i know with an 02 same thing no light.He has owned his truck since day one and said it never came on which leads me to believe because our trucks have no CAD we don't have any switch for the 4x4 light?

·
Registered
218 Posts
the 4x4 light on my 02 never comes on and another guy i know with an 02 same thing no light.He has owned his truck since day one and said it never came on which leads me to believe because our trucks have no CAD we don't have any switch for the 4x4 light?

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would think there is a light. i dont know any 4x4's that didnt come with one unless i acually have one now. anyone else with a 02 4x4

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump .....

·
Registered
731 Posts
the switch is on the transfer case, iirc
on the 94-01 it was on the axle CAD. then they went to a solid live axle and the switch ended up on the t-case.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My 4 wheel drive works fine but the light quit working years ago. I always assumed
the bulb burned out and I haven't had the will to tear into the dash. So can this
switch be popped out and is this likely the problem?

·
Registered
83 Posts
It is just a snap in plug that can get pulled out. I think its on the driver side front but i may be wrong and its on the passenger front side. Its the same style and size as the plug for your reverse lights that plugs into the tranny. We got mine switched once.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts