Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 4x4 indicator light has been acting wacky all winter. It comes on and off at random whether I’m in 4WD or not.
The actual 4WD seems to be functioning normally. I can tell its in 4WD when I shift into it and when I shift out I lose the 4WD hop in the front end when turning sharp in the driveway so assume the CAD is unlocking.
Given all that, I assumed it’s probably just the indicator switch on the CAD. I ordered what was called the 4WD indicator switch from Rock-Auto but what I received was, I believe the vacuum switch on the transfer case that operates the CAD.
Anyone know the correct part # for the switch I’m looking for and does it sound logical that this is my problem?
Tim

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ordered what was called the 4WD indicator switch from Rock-Auto but what I received was, I believe the vacuum switch on the transfer case that operates the CAD.
Anyone know the correct part # for the switch I’m looking for and does it sound logical that this is my problem?
Tim
Someone made a mistake at RockAuto, there's a vacuum switch under electrical switch, and when you look at t-case, there's also vacuum switch.

However, I looked at 2001 year parts, and there was a hub lock indicator light switch, #1S2045. Looks to be one you need.

It could be stuck switch, or shorting wiring like illflem said. Take off the switch and push the plunger to see if it moves freely. If not, try WD-40 to it. But first you could have someone to watch the indicator light and when you're under the truck and move the wires, if there's a short, light should flash.

Reactions: TimWafer
1 - 3 of 3 Posts