Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I apologize in advance if this is a noob question...I have been searching for 45 minutes and can not find anything.

1. Couple weeks ago tried using 4wd on in a very soft and muddy back yard. Got it into 4wd and would pop out. Would not stay unless I held the 4wd shifter engaged by hand.

2. A week later when I was going to take it in it started making a rattling and pinging sound from, I am guessing, the transfer case. Wouldn't increase or decrease in volume or speed of the sound...no matter if I was doing 80 or 35.

3. Now it will not go into 4wd at all. There are no cracks in the Xfer case and its not leaking fluid.

Suggestions or link to a like question? :confused013: Thanks gents.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
I apologize in advance if this is a noob question...I have been searching for 45 minutes and can not find anything.

1. Couple weeks ago tried using 4wd on in a very soft and muddy back yard. Got it into 4wd and would pop out. Would not stay unless I held the 4wd shifter engaged by hand.

2. A week later when I was going to take it in it started making a rattling and pinging sound from, I am guessing, the transfer case. Wouldn't increase or decrease in volume or speed of the sound...no matter if I was doing 80 or 35.

3. Now it will not go into 4wd at all. There are no cracks in the Xfer case and its not leaking fluid.

Suggestions or link to a like question? :confused013: Thanks gents.
Checked the tcase oil level?
Any leaks?
How many miles?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No leaks, 95k miles, I am going to check the fluid (or contents thereof) later this morning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts