Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I am in the process of converting a 2wd frame to a 4wd frame. I have all the cross members that I need because my original truck is actually 4wd but the frame was rusting out and I decided to put a different frame under it. I ended up getting a really good deal on a 2wd frame that was in perfect condition. Unfortunately the 4wd frame ended up getting scrapped right after I got all the cross members out of it. So far I have the front core support cross member installed in the new frame. I am not to worried about locating the rear hanger for the front leaf spring because that pretty much lines itself up. What im struggling with is locating the 4wd engine cross member in the 2wd frame. does anybody know if there are any holes that are already in the correct location? If not how are you guys that do the swap figuring out where to put the cross member?

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
If you read through my build thread in the other 4x4 conversion thread just above this one....;) You can see where I mounted mine, and how I did it. should get you close.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts