Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am going to try one more time to get a Central Texas Gathering together. We all have the 4th of July coming up, and this year it is on a Friday! that means, most guys in Texas can get off work, and cruise a couple hundred miles and still make it by dark for fireworks.

Now depending on the number of trucks, and how many people we can get to say they will participate, we have several options available.

Turkey Bend is on the far north side of lake Travis between Jonestown texas and Marble Falls, there is a lakeside parking, overnight camping and overall is a great place to do some Eco friendly offroading on minor trails, a day trip to the hill country so the wives can do some window shopping and then some of the greatest country in Texas.

over night camping is usually 10 bucks a car, and the sheriffs department is petty cool for the most part. The land is LCRA land, so they are usually watching the parks closer to Austin.

If anyone is interested in participating, we need to start making some commitments in order to make this work. I am willing to do the planning, facilitate the keg pick ups and stake out camping and parking areas for anyone that will be coming, but please RSVP ASAP to [email protected] to let me know.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,567 Posts
its fairly close to lago, speaking in tx terms LOL

if this will be a family thing, ill be in on it.
the kiddo loves fireworks, and he's been asking to go camping.

·
texas
909 Posts
I will try to make it, i keep asking for days off am going to get fired :lol3:

G

·
Im Only Going To Be About 30 Mins From There Ill Be On Lake Buchanan With The Entire Family So If I Can Brake Away I Will

·
Texas Chapter President
837 Posts
My dad has a place on Lake Travis in Lago Vista... i will more than likely be there on the 4th anyways so if this deal goes down Ill cruise over and say hey and hang out for a bit!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turkey Bend for the 4th

I have a few folks are interested in attending, so I am going to start putting together some information. Check Home starting monday the 15th after 3 pm and I will have some directions, maps and general information. Yes, Kids are welcome, I will have my kids and Dad as well, and am really looking forward to getting some things started for so we can plan more things.:welcome:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts