Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have an 05 QC and I am using seats from a 2012 CC.

I did the swap and everything lined up on the front seats, but I can't get the old seat belt to bolt onto the new seat. I got a newer seat belt to use the newer seat latch, but the old seat belt wouldn't clip into it.

I have read through all the swap posts and I seem to be the only person having this issue, but that's probably because I'm an idiot.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Can't you use the bolt from the new seat with the belt clip from the old seat? What am I missing here?

I just did this swap. Seats from a 2020 crew cab into an 06 quad cab. I expected to have to swap out my old latches like everyone, but the new latches work just fine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bolt from the new seat does not fit through the opening on the old seat buckle.

I tried to use the new seat buckle, but the latch from the old seat belt does not fit into the new seat belt buckle.

This swap is so common, I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
9,743 Posts
The bolt from the new seat does not fit through the opening on the old seat buckle.

I tried to use the new seat buckle, but the latch from the old seat belt does not fit into the new seat belt buckle.

This swap is so common, I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.
It did when i swapped seats 2011 seats into my 05. Pretty sure I used new bolt, old buckle. I don't remember having to drill it out, but if there is a size difference there is an old saying for that. When in doubt, drill it out. IIRC the nut is welded in, unless you can swap the nut around and use the old bolt? Been several years since i did it but it wasn't a big deal when i did the swap on my truck

·
9,743 Posts
one of the only pics i have, photobucket screwed up all of my old pictures. But yeah, they definitely work out

·
Registered
112 Posts
one of the only pics i have, photobucket screwed up all of my old pictures. But yeah, they definitely work out

Off topic, but how do you like that jump seat? My seats didn't come with a jump seat and I'm also a manual.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
9,743 Posts
loved it. Best choice ever. I enjoyed that jump seat more then i enjoyed the 4th gen seats

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
loved it. Best choice ever. I enjoyed that jump seat more then i enjoyed the 4th gen seats
Still need to find myself one of those center consoles

Reactions: krs

·
9,743 Posts
The hard part is finding one with the lower cubby under the jump seat. Part of me wishes i had pulled that back out when i got rid of the 05 just to resell it. Wouldn't have mattered in my 12 or 18 since they are console trucks. But the 4th gen jump seats with cup holders (they can be had without for some god awful reason) was one of my favorite things i did to the truck. And i passed a cop doing over 110 MPH in Montana in that truck. But just remember. Speeding is bad...especially when you are in the middle of nowhere to the point that the cop didn't even bother to flick his lights at me

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
The hard part is finding one with the lower cubby under the jump seat. Part of me wishes i had pulled that back out when i got rid of the 05 just to resell it. Wouldn't have mattered in my 12 or 18 since they are console trucks. But the 4th gen jump seats with cup holders (they can be had without for some god awful reason) was one of my favorite things i did to the truck. And i passed a cop doing over 110 MPH in Montana in that truck. But just remember. Speeding is bad...especially when you are in the middle of nowhere to the point that the cop didn't even bother to flick his lights at me
Yeah I've already got the cubby below, I just need the upper part. Everything I've found though they're selling as the entire jump seat, which is kind of a waste in my case.

·
9,743 Posts
depends on how much time you want to spend swapping it. If you are just swaping the top it can be a PITA IIRC but the bottom is pretty easy, maybe a 10 minute job to flip the seats and swap just the jump seat. vs having to take it all apart. The 4th gen cubby is a little smaller IIRC compared to the 3rd gen, or it might be the other way around. nothing noticeable in use though I didn't want to fish wires when i did it, so i just swapped the whole seat and connected the power wires to the the 12v lines under the driver seat so i could have a 12v power source there too

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
depends on how much time you want to spend swapping it. If you are just swaping the top it can be a PITA IIRC but the bottom is pretty easy, maybe a 10 minute job to flip the seats and swap just the jump seat. vs having to take it all apart. The 4th gen cubby is a little smaller IIRC compared to the 3rd gen, or it might be the other way around. nothing noticeable in use though I didn't want to fish wires when i did it, so i just swapped the whole seat and connected the power wires to the the 12v lines under the driver seat so i could have a 12v power source there too
The people I talked to that swapped just the upper console to 3rd gens said it was cake. No mods necessary, bolt and go.

·
9,743 Posts
I remember i had an issue...but it could've been that i just didn't see all the bolts are know where they are. I glanced at it, said screw that, and swapped the whole thing since i had the whole thing. Seemed easier then messing with the top halfs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts