Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone ,i got referred he from ramforums.com
My question is on the 4th gen 2500 frames is the a differents in the 2016 to 2018 2500 frame to the 2014 & 2015 frame. as i purchase a 2016 ram 2500 with a bent frame crew cab 6.4 box .6.4L I’ve located a 2014 2500 ram frame with a 6.7L crew cab 6.4 bed i called the local dealer and the part #are diffrent ,
2016 part # is 68371536AA
2014 part # is 68090770AC Can someone help me out as the dear frame is 2500 shipped to me and i can buy the 2014 frame for 900. Thank you Cummins forums....

· Premium Member
1,627 Posts
The 2500 got coils in 2014 after the 2500/3500 major chassis update for model year 2013. Some chassis parts, when looking at interchanges, generally show 3500 as 13-18 and 2500 as 14-18. So... it's going to be the same basic truck. I would be happier with a 2015 chassis, since there were likely to be detail changes to the new rear coil suspension in the year immediately after its first use.

That having been said, I would wager that there are detail differences that will cause problems. I'll bet there are hundreds of little details that will mean things don't quite mount up right or fit perfectly. Bushings... harness attachment points... brackets... who knows what all else.

THAT having been said, you'll probably run into dozens -- not hundreds -- of detail differences with any chassis unless it came down the assembly line on the same day, the same hour, in the middle of the week, with the same options.

It's a crapshoot. You could make it work, but there are likely going to be other things you need. The worse of it, I imagine, might be things as major as control and locating arms.

Then again it might be a cakewalk.

Track down the suspension and body mount parts breakdowns for the two model years and start comparing the big parts.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes probably better off pay the extra money. I got a great deal on the truck so with it all repaired ill be in at 21k not bad for a 2016 2500
6.4L HEMI with 30k for miles thanks so much for ur reply . ERIC PETERSON .

· Registered
860 Posts
If I remember correctly the first year or 2 of the new frame change there were some issues with the track bar mount breaking off the frame. I’m sure if you search you can get a better idea, but their was a tsb on it if I remember correctly. This may be the reason for the 2 part numbers.

· Premium Member
1,627 Posts
That's also true. The track bar mount recall hits through 2015 models, doesn't it? 2016s and up are exempt from that one.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys just so u can have some info on the frames .I looked up all rear suspension parts and rear axle 2014 to 2018 all the same pert # that goes for the front suspension as well. Ecicpeterson for suggesting to look this up. So the difrents is elwhere or in the track bar like u guys said thank again every one ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.