Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm ordering my wheels in the next day or two. I'm going with Fuel Hostages in 18x9 with a 20mm offset. Gonna do 35x12.5 trail grapplers. I know there are other close sizes in the trail grappler but I want to make sure I'm filling the wheel well. I have 3" carli springs and adjustable trac bar to put in, as well as installing thuren shackles in the rear. After talking to Matt at discount tire (extremely helpful) we realized I more than likely will have to trim my fender liners. Just wondering if anyone else has run this setup, and if they have any pictures or details on exactly how much modification was required to the fenders. I've searched around and found close to, but not exactly what I'm looking to run As always thanks in advance for the help guys

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Just trying to see how involved the fender mods are going to be

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
With +20 you will be fine bud..if anything very minor trimming on the liner nothing major...

Reactions: Ingram306

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Shouldn't rub I have 3" lift also..I was running +18 with no rub...now I switched to -18 and had major rub...had to trim my liner. ..

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you're running a 18" wheel check out the Nitto trail or terra's in the 295/70-18's...they're advertised as a 35x11.50 but are good to 80 PSI and have a higher load rating than any 35 out there...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just a heads up the trailgrapplers run big they are like 35.6 and all nitto MTs the crazy muds and the trail grapplers make your truck drift left , toyo's go right and nittos go left or maybe its the other way around i dont remember which isnt a problem unless your running the carli 7100 low mount then it straight changes lanes for ya haha

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking of the 295/70 but its a half inch shorter and and inch and a half narrower. Just want to make sure I fill up the wheel well. I hate the look of an undersized tire lol.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was thinking of the 295/70 but its a half inch shorter and and inch and a half narrower. Just want to make sure I fill up the wheel well. I hate the look of an undersized tire lol.

They measure out the same size height wise, as a 35...a 35x12.50 isn't 35" tall they measure about 34 1/4 to 34 1/2"

I'm running the 295/70s and they're actually a quarter inch taller than the 35s I had before.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Rim

I'm running the 18x9 -12mm offset hostages with 325/65/18 terra grapplers with a 3" BDS lift. Had to trim about an inch off the bottom of the fender liner on both sides. The 325/65/18 are 34.88"x12.99" according to Nittos website but I've never actually measured them. With the +20mm offset I think you should be fine or just maybe a little trimming.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
@12ccsb What offset are you running? And do they stick out at all? I want them to stick out a little. Nothing ridiculous though

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And if you have any pictures from the front showing the stickout that would be awesome.

·
Registered
242 Posts
@12ccsb What offset are you running? And do they stick out at all? I want them to stick out a little. Nothing ridiculous though

I'm running 18x9 with a +12 offset. They stick out about an inch and a half...just enough to get the sides of the truck dirty :banghead:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Floor Auto part Automotive tire Flooring
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Automotive wheel system Rim
Land vehicle Tire Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Her are some pics of the fender trimming. In the first pic you can see where the trimming started in the bottom right corner and went up about an inch or so and then turned left and trimmed the whole bottom off. You can't even tell it looks trimmed really. The last pic should kind of give you an idea of how much they stick out. Mine stick out about 3-4 inches from the top of the wheel well. I'm running a -12mm offset so mine will stick out a little more than a wheel with a +20mm offset. I'm also running 12.99" wide tires so they will stick out a little more than 12.5" tires too. One thing you will probably want to look into getting is extended control arms so you can recenter your front axle after you put the 3" coils on because when you lift the front it will move your axle back and you will have more of a chance of rubbing the fender liners. The extended control arms move the axle forward to accommodate the axle moving back when you lift the front end.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
i bet you will clear without trimming. and be sure to post pics when you get them on:thumbsup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys think ill run into any issues with control arm rub with the 12.5s? And the +20 offset? The wheel is also available in +14 offset.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
You guys think ill run into any issues with control arm rub with the 12.5s? And the +20 offset? The wheel is also available in +14 offset.
if i recall, the nitto tg are about 13" wide. with a +20 offset, they may rub the stock control arms at full lock, if not, it will be close. +14 will give a little more clearance and should clear the fender on the other side.

only way to be sure is to test fit... Discount tire is usually pretty good about test fitting. At least the one closest to me said, "sure we can test fit them, if they don't work we will send them back and get the other size." they had no problem mounting the wheels before I were to buy them. I still have not bought them yet...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.