Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i traded trucks with a friend of mine for a week and ever since i got mine back it grinds going into 4th gear, its not as bad if you shift slow but it always does it unless you coast long enough for it to be at idle and slowed way down and even then it still grinds half the time.

any ideas on how to fix it? syncro could be bad? i dont know anything about the getrag or any tranny really

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sounds like a syncro. Nice friend you have there btw.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i traded trucks with a friend of mine for a week and ever since i got mine back it grinds going into 4th gear, its not as bad if you shift slow but it always does it unless you coast long enough for it to be at idle and slowed way down and even then it still grinds half the time.

any ideas on how to fix it? syncro could be bad? i dont know anything about the getrag or any tranny really
Mine does that too but only when down shifting from 5th to 4th

·
Registered
65 Posts
lol id make this "friend" pay for tha syncro anytime a gear grinds with tha clutch engaged not floatin(shiftin by tha rpms not using clutch) then more than likly its tha syncronizer lulz at my spellin might as well get a clutch too cause gotta get in tha tranny to fix it so its killin 2 birds with 1 stone bro

·
Registered
65 Posts
nvm seein ur mods u seem to have a good clutch..yea syncro not really a big deal but over time it will get worse goodluck with it man

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well you guys are right, it got worse. over the last 500 miles it has got so bad i dont even use 4th anymore. i hope i can still get parts for the 'ol getrag

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I double clutch going into 3rd in mine not that bad but downshifting into 3rd gotta be at the right speed n idle or it grinds when it pops in.

·
Registered
83 Posts
ive got pretty much the same problem, also does it in 5th to. and sometimes third.

is there a thread on fixing the syncros ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
i have the same problem, you can still find parts for them, just google some. havent found the best price yet but ive found some different companies...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts