Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 dodge 2500 ex cab, stock turbo and injectors its the 12 valve with the 180hp engine auto trans
I just put the 4gsk in and the truck does not rev for . i have the adjusting nuts @ three clicks, the afc is full forward with a full forward #6 plate and i have the star wheel totally loose. any helping tips? when i drive the truck with the od off it will go to 3000rpm and 60mph, but od off it takes for ever to hit 90 and does not rev past 2800rpm.:confused013:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i have a question about that too. I used a magnet to pull my old springs and shims out but didn't have a flash light to see inside the pump to see if i left anything behind, i took the same amount of parts out of each spring assyembly, A friend on diesel bombers has a 5spd manuel trans that he put the same kit in and he pulled 4 skinny shims out and i didn't see that till after the fact, now to the question part do all trucks come from the factory with the same amount of shims? cause if they do then i did leave the larger diameter shims in there. oops, but if not then i did get everytihng out and there is a serious problem with something...:banghead:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts