Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the 727 gas trans bolt to the cummins engine or was the diesel trans different

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
I don't think so, and if it did you wouldnt want to go that root. Gas trans dont hold up under the low end torque that a diesel has. They smoke the TC alot, they can break input shafts too.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
The 727 behind the Cummins was a "LoadFlite" as opposed to a "TorqueFlite". It had a different front end on it, and a few internal modifications as well to better handle the torque.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well im just going w the 4bt bc my truck has sissy axles and im more concered w fuel mileage than anything that gasser trans dont cost nothing to rebuild just had it done and the only weight i pull is a 3500 pound boat i was hoping there was some way to mate them so i could keep 4 wheel drive and speedo just throw in a motor and go. so does the diesel trans use an adaptor plate to mate to the cummins

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Heres a couple places that you can try. Fordcummins.com destroked.com, Acmeadapters.com, Phoenix Casting & Machining, Inc. - Home.

I dont think that you will be happy with it. Gas engines get there torque about 3000rpms and diesel get there torque between 1500 and 1800. And info from cummins they draw my 3.9 down to 1300rpms to make 373lbs of torque. The low end torque of a diesel is what tears them up.

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,767 Posts
The gasser transmission bellhousing is smaller than the cummins as well. You'll need a different transmission.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts