Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

4BT Power?

5550 19
Just wondering what you can get out for power for a 4BT, also your set ups to handle it?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you're swapping into an H1, I'd go for the 6cyl because you have the space for it, and since its heavy, you won't be putting the motor through too much stress and you'll be able to tow with it if you need/want to.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Into a H1 the only thing I would swap into it is a 6cyl 4 banger would be worthless

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Never seen under the hood of an h1. But hope it has more room under the hood than the h2. I believe the h1 came with Chevy 6.5 diesels in them right. 4bt can easily out power a 6.5 and be more reliable doing it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've heard of people making mid 400hp ve pumped 4bt, p pumped models may make more power but, I don't Know how far you can go reliably.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I've heard of people making mid 400hp ve pumped 4bt, p pumped models may make more power but, I don't Know how far you can go reliably.
Not many and not easily making that hp. Its pretty easy to get to 200/250hp but after that the money will outweigh the decision of going with a 6 or not.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Well they also came with a Duramax, gonna get a 4b to out-power one of those? Not likely.

Point, me:hehe:
Haha no that's not going to happen. unless you have deep pockets.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Check out some of predator performance's h1's on YouTube to get an idea of how the rad, ic, exhaust, condensor and miscellaneous stuff is arranged under the hood. If I recall, I remember seeing an H1 with a 12 valve in it somewhere on a diesel forum with a swap section. I think he did a 2" body lift on it to get clearance for a valve cover or the DP can't quite remember. I say go for it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.