Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it has a 2.4 FI in it. guy says it has computer problems. 5spd. 2wd. would it hold the wieght of a 4bt in it? and with beefed up suspension, boxed frame, sledge hammer and torch to firewall, 12v with 5spd and dana 70?:peelout

any ideas? or suggestions

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
4bt would be a squeeze let alone a 12V. If you don't mind a ton of fab work, the 4cyl would be the way to go. Probably still going to take more than a sledgehammer to move the firewall back.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4bt would be a squeeze let alone a 12V. If you don't mind a ton of fab work, the 4cyl would be the way to go. Probably still going to take more than a sledgehammer to move the firewall back.
oh dont worry i wrote down torch haha. what hp can you punch out of a 4bt? that yellow ranger had around 300 correct?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what trans would be good to match? id love to have a stick again. but it is fun being able to just lay into it and roast um. turbo 400? would a nv3500 out of a 1500 chevy hold the power of a 4bt?

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
You would be safer with a nv4500 I would say, if you do plan on tuning the engine up at all. It isn't the HP that will kill it it'll be the contact load from sustained high amounts of torque. Rear end is going to need some help for the same reason.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
nv4500 trans would be the way to go. Or a built nv3500, but then will cost you more than the 4500. There are some 4bt that are daily drivers pushing 350hp and 550ftlbs.

I think that a 3.9 would be a good fit for a mighty max. I almost bought one a while back that was 4wd and had a 2.3 diesel in it.

With a big enounh hammer you can make anything fit lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dana 60 out of a d250 work? possible ford 9 inch. i think the dana would need to be narrowed a bit haha. what kind of mods are needed for 350hp? 370's, turbo, 4gsk and dv's

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
power really is limited entirely to your budget... IIRC southbends twin turbo'd 4BT is laying down 600hp+ at a mild tune! (videos on their website in the dodge clutch section)

But, if you have the extra room for 2 more cylinders and another 200lbs i would go with a 6bt. Or if you can find one, get a 4.5, Its just a stroked 3.9 and identicle to the 3.9 on the outside with a few more cubes to help push it along!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i always disliked the 4bt. just always though it you have the room, put the 6bt in. this application, different story. and after watching that video. wow. that was wicked. :drool2:

some people told me to just throw a 350 or 383 in it.

mighty max gots some stacks:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts