Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just joined the site I have a powerstroke and am very interested in doing a cummins swap in either that truck or my other truck. My other truck is an 86 F-150 completely restored with a 6,000 dollar paint job with 7 inches of lift and 35s. Right now its got a 302 with just headers and exhaust and a B&M tranny. With the condition its in I thought it might be really fun to swap in a 4 cylinder cummins with plenty of power. I figured a 4 cylinder since its a light duty truck so Im pretty sure that without extensive modification a 6 cylinder cummins could not be supported by a light duty truck. Correct me if I am wrong. I don't have the funds to do this swap right now but am just interested in getting some preliminary info to see what Im up against. Any info is appreciated as far as what is needed for the swap and what kind of mods to do to get around 400hp out of the engine.

Thanks in advance guys,
Matt

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
:welcome:

Yeah the 4cyl will have plently of power. I put on in a Dodge 1500, and it moves along pretty good. Mid 20's for fuel mileage around town.

400hp is alot. Its been done. Try 4btswaps.com they will be able to tell what they do to get that power. Most of them stay in the 300-350 range though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts