Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive got a little spare money and wanting to start a new projest.. im looking for a 4BT cummins to put in an 82 toyota. im looking for some websites to order a kit or whatever from. if anybodies got any info that would be great. thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Theres really no kit that you can buy for that kind of swap. i put one in my dodge and made just about everything.
Some info that will help. the 3.9 and 5.9 are the same meaning that if it bolts to the 5.9 it will bolt to the 3.9. You will have to use a trans from a diesel of soup up the gasser trans pretty good. Places for adapters plates are acmeadapters.com and destroked. Another website that will help is 4btswaps.com.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey jake diesel im now a member on 4btswaps.com Thats a pretty good website. i didnt figure there was a kit but figured somebody could say hey i had to have this type of motor mount or i had to use this transmission in my toyota. ya know what i mean? but thanks for the info.

·
Registered
581 Posts
i wuz thinkin of switchin my 4.2L engine out of my 89 yj and replacing wit a 3.9L cummins...that would be more fun 2 drive and fuel eco !!!

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Hey jake diesel im now a member on 4btswaps.com Thats a pretty good website. i didnt figure there was a kit but figured somebody could say hey i had to have this type of motor mount or i had to use this transmission in my toyota. ya know what i mean? but thanks for the info.
I think that most people use the Nv4500 trans and transfer case. They hold up the best. You won't be able to use a gasser trans unless you really build it up and you would be happier with a diesel trans.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
i wuz thinkin of switchin my 4.2L engine out of my 89 yj and replacing wit a 3.9L cummins...that would be more fun 2 drive and fuel eco !!!
You would have to lift it run around on 35". The mileage isn't that uch better than anthing else that you would put one in. I do just as good in my dodge 1500 as a jeep.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea ihave a 6 inch lift on it right now and running 35 12.50s on it. what about axles i still have my stockers that came on the truck.. i dont do ay rock climbing or anything. just mud. thanks for the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts