Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I wanted to ask if anyone know if there a tool to turn the crank from the front of the motor on a 4bt/6bt? The crank pulley is bolted w/ 4 bolts. When I remove those 4 bolts and crank pulley on my 4bt, it's just a align pin on the crank. I thought at least there's a nut where I can put a socket. So I'm looking and if theres a tool that bolts on to the crank pulley bolts hole on crank, that will work also. Anyone know of this tool?

The reason I'm asking is that I have a problem turning my motor after I started bolting my tc to flexplate. It turned fine when I aligned the bolt holes and turned fine after I bolted 4 of the bolts. When I went to the fifth bolts, it started to get harder and harder to turn the flexplate w/ my tool until it seized. Now I can't turn the flexplate either directions. I can see a bolt hitting the motor plate but I don't see where it could be wedged into the motor plate to a point that I can't rotate the flexplate. My friend thinks it might be that we built compression while aligning the bolt holes. I don't know. Any suggestions?

Thank you,
Eugene

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I'll try that.

Eugene

1 - 3 of 3 Posts