Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having a problem with my 48re automatic transmission. I have replaced the governor, replaced solenoid with a ATS pressure solenoid with a new transducer. The bands are not bad either. It still wants to shift to 2nd around 2500 rpm and does not want to shift into third at all. I’m not to sure what else to do besides rebuild the trans.

· Premium Member
8,994 Posts
What year ?
how many miles on trans?
Should perform road test for more info

VEHICLE IS DRIVEABLE
1. Check for transmission fault codes using DRBT scan tool.
2. Check fluid level and condition.
3. Adjust throttle and gearshift linkage if complaint was based on delayed, erratic, or harsh shifts.
4. Road test and note how transmission upshifts, downshifts, and engages.
5. Perform hydraulic pressure test if shift problems were noted during road test.
6. Perform air-pressure test to check clutch-band operation.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What year ? how many miles on trans? Should perform road test for more info VEHICLE IS DRIVEABLE 1. Check for transmission fault codes using DRBT scan tool. 2. Check fluid level and condition. 3. Adjust throttle and gearshift linkage if complaint was based on delayed, erratic, or harsh shifts. 4. Road test and note how transmission upshifts, downshifts, and engages. 5. Perform hydraulic pressure test if shift problems were noted during road test. 6. Perform air-pressure test to check clutch-band operation.
2006 Dodge 3500 4x4 150,000 miles on Tran

1 - 5 of 5 Posts