Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 2500 5.9L6 truck was shifting fine with 0 issues. I did a body swap and now I have no codes, but the trans shifts late and harsh and seems to kick down to first right after going into 2nd (only does the kickdown at nearly wot). If I lift a bit it shifts as it should. I have replaced the pressure sensor and solinoid. The weird kick down issue is all new and the actual vs target gov pressure seem to be on track when using a scan tool. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
Stock trans ?
mileage?
check fluid/filter / debris in pan?
bands/shift cable adjusted properly?
triple check wiring , wont always throw codes.
OEM transducer/GPS are junk, hopefully used Rostra 50-1017
and Borg Warner 50185 upgrade, should perform proper pressure test with real gauges because of this.

ECM controls TTVA was it initialized?

The Transmission Throttle Valve Actuator (TTVA) does not require any mechanical adjustments. All changes in throttle
valve position are controlled by the Engine Control Module (ECM).
The TTVA does require an initialization period after the actuator has been removed or replaced. After the actuator
has been removed or replaced, move the ignition to the ON position for thirty (30) seconds. This will allow the ECM
sufficient time to perform the internal calibration procedures to learn the TTVA’s current “zero” position. Once this is
done, check the ECM for diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). If no DTCs are set relating to the TTVA, the TTVA is fully
calibrated and ready for use.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unknown what's been done to the trans. I bought the truck used, I have replaced the ttva, solenoid and transducer with borg warner units. Bands seem good Governor pressure actual and Target both match on a scan tool and wiring seems to be in good shape. The only thing that I've noticed is that actual Governor pressure seems to fluctuate a lot and is not a smooth line on the scan tool.

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
If sure all that's good, shift cables good.
then sounds like valve body issue.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I rigged up a spacer for the pedal to keep it from making the ttva actual position exceeding 50 and boom it drives like a champ. So does that still sound like a vb issue lol because I don't know.

·
Premium Member
6,693 Posts
Did it smooth out governor pressure?
Next time pan is down I would double check clearance on VB for TV.
FWIW Some builds require adjusting gears in TTVA to get right throw.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did it smooth out governor pressure?
Next time pan is down I would double check clearance on VB for TV.
FWIW Some builds require adjusting gears in TTVA to get right throw.
Thanks and will do. Gp seemed to trend better but all I know is that when I put the pedal down it hits all the gears lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts