Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 3500 SRW, I had the trans rebuilt- Red Eagle Kit, Rigid Bands, HD Strut and anchor, All billet servos, 4.4 apply lever, Mag Hytec deep pan, Rev Max Single disc, Transgo shift kit. Issue im having is that if you are just creeping in a parking lot or going slow, it down shifts hard and make a loud clunk that is very noticeable, also upshift it does the same. It sounds like s breaking. Shop says its fine the shift kit does it. The fist time it happened I thought it fell out of the truck. If it is normal how do I get it to stop? Will it hurt anything? Im about to buy a Chevy and really don't want that!

·
Premium Member
12,049 Posts
transgo shift kit is sensetive about your selection of parts.. For a few dollars more you could have gotten one complete..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So how do I correct this and will it mess it up, it shifts great going down the road, just when you going slow it sometimes clunks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have been in the same boat since mine was done about 7000 miles ago. There's been plenty of threads on here, and I notice mine isn't as harsh if I'm on the breaks hard or towing. My guy said its due to the trans go increasing line pressure, therefore it's forcing back through the valve downshifting. I just kind of deal with it although it sucks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
05straight6, I took mine to a shop today and they could not get it to make the noise, he did shift from drive to 2nd and it did not down shift correctly, said it was due to the plate in the shift kit not drilled correctly. I am kind of lost in what to do, may just drive it until I can buy a valve body and see if that helps anything. just didn't know if you had the same issue down shifting manually?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have not tried downshifting D to 2. The guy that did mine and his head tech only said that the shift kit increases the pressure for firmer shifts and when slowing the truck is still building pressure and finally opens the valve to release it causing the clunk. I'm kind of debating whether or not to 100% believe that. My buddy's got a full built billet trans from a well known guy in ct named Lenny and his does not clunk one bit. I think I am gonna just leave it be until I find a reason to get a top notch VB done

·
BC Chapter President
1,363 Posts
Well for what it's worth mine does not clunk either. I'm running the front band about 1/2 turn loser than stock to prevent bind up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.