Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my tranny seems to be when shifting it will shift from 1st to 2nd and pretty much after it shifts to 2nd and tranny will sorta like go in neutral for a second then back to 2nd. if i acelerate hard it doesnt do it or if i have it in 2nd on the shifter it wont do it
does anyone know what is going on?

·
Registered
509 Posts
have you replaced your governor pressure solenoid and transducer ? new borg warner one is the best.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i had a gm one in at the time and took it out and put new stock ones in and same thing

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sounds like you have the dreaded 1-2-1-2 shuttle shift.. Or your second gear band is beginning to fail. When you place the vehicle in manual 2nd you are also increasing the line pressure that the 2nd gear servo receives.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and how can i fix it?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and it seems to have a little shudder when you just let off the break from a dead stop and let it idle away it will shudder for a second. and it is in the trans. not a u joint or anything else

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
sounds like the band is shredded and partially plugging the filter

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what band are we talking? the forward band or rear?

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts
Set the front band per specs and see how many threads you have showing on the adjuster screw. If its less than 3 its a good bet the band is toast.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
guys i got the correct wording now for what my tranny has been doing and it is 2-3 cutloose/flare. anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so does anyone know what the correct fix is for this. i herd a spring and herd to that if you put to stiff of spring in it could cause bind up?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts