·
Substation Operator
1,152 Posts
that's awesome

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
:yourock: !!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

even with all those pics im still scared to touch anything in my tranny :eek:hno: but at least i no more about whats actually in there now

·
Registered
554 Posts
thank you BAXY!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
fixed the pictures

·
Registered
69 Posts
Baxy: We're not worthy!:worthy: Thanks sooo much for doing this... I guess I will be doing this soon too! You and some others on here like Cerebrium make it "do-able"! Thanks!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
That's a lot of pics lol. Thanks for takin the time.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Very good write-up. :thumbsup: One question though... Why not do a upgraded write-up. Things like thinner reaction plates in the front and rear drums allowing for more clutches or a billet kickdown cover or 4.2:1 band lever... Most people are interested in how to upgrade one of these transmissions. Stock is OK but upgrading is the .

·
Registered
27 Posts
That selective washer on the back of the input shaft is backwards.... the 3 tanged washer goes on the input and the steel circular washer goes on the intermediate shaft.

·
Registered
268 Posts
That selective washer on the back of the input shaft is backwards.... the 3 tanged washer goes on the input and the steel circular washer goes on the intermediate shaft.
i can see why he did it that way. the lubing slot on the intermediate shaft

not sure why it wouldn't be

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Actually neither washer is selective . That is a washer from a superior technologies endplay kit and it's in the right spot

The hardened race for the three tang washer your thinking of is in place on the intermediate shaft

·
Registered
21 Posts
Would be pretty sweet if the pics actually showed up (y)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've seen trucks running stock power got 500,000 plus kilometers
I agree.. I have 391,000 miles on my stock 48re. Regular fluid changes & band adjustments and I dont run it hard.

Had a power puck for years, just went to an EFI live tune from Optimal Welding.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts