Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
If its slipping, you already have tranny issues.

If someone could tell you "how long" you have before the trans decides its done...they would be a rich man!

You cannont replace the band without removing the front pump for access. The obviously requires removal from the truck.

·
Registered
269 Posts
CraigC...
Its not slipping in 2nd gear anymore since I made the band adjustment. It works fine. But the adjustment bolt is now even with the jam nut. My last adjustment was about 2 years ago, and its been fine since then.

I saw elsewhere on the forum, them talking about band replacement, on the truck. Was just wondering if anybody had any experience with that.
I was the trans guy for a Chysler/Jeep dealer for a few years....If theres a way to get the band in and out without removing the front pump, its a new one on me. You could possibly get it out....but it would be derstroyed by the time it was out or back in.

If it has slipped, its most likely burnt the band, theres no saving it at that point, only how long you can make it live.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.