Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck seems to be getting stuck between 1rst and 2nd. It will shift back and forth very rapidly then give a little bang and finaly stay in 2nd. Then from 3rd to forth I have to take my foot out of the throttle to get her to shift. My fluid level is good, color of fulid is good. Worse when cold, or just after a restart no matter what temp. Any ideas or experience with this problem. 14k on the ticker. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Try a search for "gear hunting" or "shift hunting" There is a TSB fix. I have the same issue dealer has parts(new valve body) just need to get it scheduled. Some folks here have had the TSB done and still have the gear hunting. I'll try and find the TSB #.

·
Registered
149 Posts
TSB # 21-009-07. It may not show up when they run your VIN but have the service manager run the TSB number.:beer

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
They do not replace the valvebody, just a solenoid. I just finally got it done and the hunting is gone. Take it in and have the TSB done.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I will get it done.

·
Registered
841 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts