Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I changed fluid, filter, governor solenoid, and pressure transducer today re filled trans to proper level now when it's in drive it starts off in 2nd gear manual 1st works fine any ideas I've read some threads the say valve body some say speed sensor most say governor pressure idk ...

·
Registered
97 Posts
So this is a new issue after you changed things? Or you changed thos things ttying to correct this problem originally

Reactions: dhoagland

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it would do it before the new parts but it would always jump down into first with alittle more pedal

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Hi what brand of new parts did you buy or where did you buy them from? I am thinking you have a bad new part or the 1-2 shift valve is sticking. Put a pressure gauge on the Governor tap and read the psi in drive at ilde and driving or a good scanner that will read Gov pressure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought the ats upgraded pressure solenoid and the bd pressure transducer I'm kinda thinking bad new part too but praying for the best

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Did you check your band adjustment?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Hi parts are brand name so hopfully good, you need to check Gov pressure at the port with gauge or with a scanner and go from there.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
What year is your truck? The early 3rd Gens were notorious for hanging onto a little bit of governor pressure at a stop. It only takes about 8-10 psi of governor pressure to command a 1-2 shift if TV pressure is light. If you come to a stop and hang onto a little governor pressure, it may not downshift until TV pressure comes up a bit with throttle application (when you take off). Solutions are pretty simple.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm having the same issue , when I changed the transducer it took care of the codes , trans will start in 1st but when it shifts to next gear it will not downshift to 1st except manually , I suspect one of the many sensors that monitor speed or the wires connections, fooling the computer into that speed is faster than what it is going.I will let you know what I find on mine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok some I put the old solenoid and transducer back on and they worked good except for alittle slip in first gear adjusted the bands as well and now I have a major slip in all 4 gears so I'm pretty sure it just time to rebuild

1 - 11 of 11 Posts