Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks, hoping you could shed some light on this trans for me.Had a knock coming from under the truck,figured it was the flex plate.Nope it checked out ok.Happend to rock the tc back and forth about 60 deg and it made a thunk.Then spun it 2 full turns and it seems to bind a little.Now this is the only automatic ive ever owned(seriously)and I'm wondering if this is normal or should i get it checked out.
No codes,fluid clean,62,000 miles,

· Registered
498 Posts
I assume you have the trans out of the truck to look at the flex plate? I have never had a CTD crack the flex plate (I know they do) so I am not sure where they crack, but most of the other ones I have seen cracked across the bolts at the crank.

I don't recall any TC making any sound like that probably need to have it looked at, or hopefully someone with more knowledge will check in.

By the way Welcome

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, trans is out, going to magna flux the flex plate just in case i missed anything. Got me baffled.Noise started after a -45deg F run to Yellowknife.Mabey i ballooned the converter or broke a vane.

thanks for the help and the welcome

· Registered
498 Posts
If your TC is stock it could be a blessing in disguise, the stock TCs are marginal at best and they stall to high.

If the flex plate turns out to be ok get the TC looked at Warning though they are not cheap:shock:

Post a picture of your custom Bumper some time after you get this fixed I always appreciate Home Built Custom Parts:thumbsup:

Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.