Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll this is the most I have put the new 5500 to the limits. I weighed in just shy of 48,000 pounds with the truck/trailer/load. That puts the load on the trailer around 26,000 +. I'm hauling from Phoenix to Sheridan, WY. So far the truck is doing pretty good up the mountains. Wonder how good it would do with an XRT giving it a little boost in power :drool2:

· Banned
1,252 Posts
:worthless:

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm driving right now on the I-15 headed to SLC from St. George ( H&S stomping grounds). I will try and get a picture before sundown. I should be pulling over before then.

I have (2) Full Size Bobcats, 1 mini Bobcat, 1 Mini Excavator, 1 Golf Course Lawn Mower, 2 Bobcat buckets, 2 excavator buckets, & 2 brush buckets.

· Premium Member
143 Posts
Darn!!! Did you run out of room or something??? Maybe a longer trailer with a couple more axles???

:banana::chicken::banana::chicken::banana:

· Premium Member
12,665 Posts
I'm driving right now on the I-15 headed to SLC from St. George ( H&S stomping grounds). I will try and get a picture before sundown. I should be pulling over before then.

I have (2) Full Size Bobcats, 1 mini Bobcat, 1 Mini Excavator, 1 Golf Course Lawn Mower, 2 Bobcat buckets, 2 excavator buckets, & 2 brush buckets.
:shock::headbang::headbang:

NICE:drool2::drool2::drool2:

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Darn!!! Did you run out of room or something??? Maybe a longer trailer with a couple more axles???

:banana::chicken::banana::chicken::banana:

I ran out of room :doh: I have the 40' trailer loaded with about 40' 2" worth of stuff. A 48' trailer would be real nice some days. Need bigger trailer all around especially on the axles. Poor 10K axles are getting worked extra hard.

· Registered
560 Posts
Thats a pretty big load nice:yourock:

· Registered
170 Posts
dodge says the maximum towing capacity is 18,000 lbs for the 5500

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dodge says the maximum towing capacity is 18,000 lbs for the 5500

:hehe: Oops. I think I forgot to read that part. Heck my trailer empty weighs 9,000. That means I would only be able to haul my trailer and a Dodge 3500 CTD and I would be maxed out.

· Recovering Post Whore
732 Posts
Dude! You gotta post up a pic of this one!! :thumbsup: I'll get your fuel mileage is really taking a hit going up the hills with that much weight......:shock: King Jihad in Saudi Arabia shoud have you on his x-mas card list!!:lol4:

· Registered
170 Posts
Yeah Ive towed 22,000 with my 2500

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dude! You gotta post up a pic of this one!! :thumbsup: I'll get your fuel mileage is really taking a hit going up the hills with that much weight......:shock: King Jihad in Saudi Arabia shoud have you on his x-mas card list!!:lol4:

My overhead says 8.8 mpg and that has been since I left Phoenix. :thumbsup: Not to bad I guess. I am doing 65 mph on the flat stretch here in Utah. I could do the 70 but I don't want to head the tires on the trailer to much and blow one.

I just sent you a txt on your cell as well :thumbsup:

I will get a picture posted in the AM. The sun is going down. I am almost to SLC. Once I get there 8 hours to Sheridan, WY :party018:

· Recovering Post Whore
732 Posts
Man oh man....your truck is gonna hate you after that long climb East up and out of SLC on I-80!! Good thing your giving it a rest for the night! :whip:

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man oh man....your truck is gonna hate you after that long climb East up and out of SLC on I-80!! Good thing your giving it a rest for the night! :whip:
Atleast I will have dumped 100 gallons of fuel off the truck by then. Little less weight and it's nice and cool outside which is better then the 106* its been in Phoenix the last couple of days. Only 61* and only going to get colder as the night goes on so the truck should love me for that.

· 08 Cummins
539 Posts
Wow 48K, looks like maybe a new avatar pic coming. Just wondering ever had any problems with DOT ?

· Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm 230 miles from my deliver point. I will make sure I take a picture when I arrive before I unload the trailer. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.