Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished rebuilding my 47RH and only have low and reverse. Governor psi increases 1 psi with 1 mph. Both bands adjusted to 72 inch lbs then 2 turns out. I need to air test tomorrow. Any thoughts on what else to look for?
TIA

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Just finished rebuilding my 47RH and only have low and reverse. Governor psi increases 1 psi with 1 mph. Both bands adjusted to 72 inch lbs then 2 turns out. I need to air test tomorrow. Any thoughts on what else to look for?
TIA
When my trans was rebuilt the guy put the 1st shift valve in backwards in the valve body and it did exactly that.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I had the wrong spring in the 1-2 shift valve. I know have D-R-1-2-3. It won’t 3-4 shift.
Check your electron circulation passages and components.

I believe you can force the 3-4 shift by applying ground to the OD solenoid. I think the valve body will allow OD after 2nd gear and obviously after 3rd. That's a good diagostic place to start if you want to try to eliminate mechanical or electrical factors.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Reactions: WestCO12valve

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So truck is running great, shifts great, but when in reverse it almost stalls the truck. When I tried to reverse flush the cooler lines it would not push fluid. I had to flush the direction of flow.
Any thought or ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
So truck is running great, shifts great, but when in reverse it almost stalls the truck. When I tried to reverse flush the cooler lines it would not push fluid. I had to flush the direction of flow.
Any thought or ideas?
I think there is a check valve in the line. What is your idle set at?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I think there is a check valve in the line. What is your idle set at?
Yes it is there to try to prevent converter drain back.

Reactions: myother4x4isaCJ7

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
The transmission return line goes thru this. Is it some sort of heater?
It’s a heater and cooler, brings the trans temp up to 150-160 and cools if it gets any higher. Is your idle set to 6-700 in drive or park? Needs to be 750 in drive with ac on

·
Registered
737 Posts
It’s a heater and cooler, brings the trans temp up to 150-160 and cools if it gets any higher. Is your idle set to 6-700 in drive or park? Needs to be 750 in drive with ac on
750 in drive with AC on, hot.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will work in idle adjustment this weekend. I looked in cooler lines where they connect to the cooler for the check ball and didn’t find one. Any suggestions on where else to check for it at?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I will work in idle adjustment this weekend. I looked in cooler lines where they connect to the cooler for the check ball and didn’t find one. Any suggestions on where else to check for it at?
It's usually on the front line where it connects to the transmission case. Should also have a temp sensor bung on the line.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I am thinking I should remove this. Any suggestions?
You can remove it. I've heard of them sticking closed however it does sound like yours is working like it should.

If it were stuck you would not build pressure. The unit will slip in all gears and overheat.

The only side affect comes from when the unit sits several days. The converter will drain back and it will seem sluggish when in gear. The sluggishness will go away once the converter purges the fluid voids.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Idle adjusted, seems good now. On another note TCC lockup only happens when I am in the throttle, is that correct?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts