Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the correct shift speeds for a 2002Dodge diesel 2 wheel drive truck with 3.55 rear axle and the 47RE transmission should be? A few months ago the dealer rebuilt the trans (under warranty) and fiddled with the shift speeds. It shift 1st to 2nd at around 17 mph, 2nd to 3rd at 25 and into over drive after 40mph. I can coax it into OD a little early on flat road with constant speed by momentarily lifting off the accelerator and the pressing back on the accelerator again. It will usually shift into OD but any increase in throttle pressure will cause it to drop back into 3rd.

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Sounds like too much throttle pressure especially for lite throttle upshifts. The correct adjustment of cable is with throttle lever on tranny all the way forward, and throttle at closed throttle the cable should align with lever connector. No more, no less, no streching, ect.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Shifts pretty early for my tastes.. Mine doesnt hit OD till 45.

·
Registered
205 Posts
yea mine goes into overdrive at 45-50

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
47re Shift Speeds

Thanks for all the good information. I guess my transmission has shifted too early from the day it was new. It used to shift in to OD at a little less than 35 and into torque convertor lockup at 37 to 40.

I will readjust the TV cable as you have suggested and call it done.

Anybody know of a 2002 Dodge 2500 diesel long bed truck for sale with a HO diesel and 6 speed with less than 80,000 miles on it? If so let me know at [email protected].

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts