Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a 03-04 for my first diesel truck. I would like to to get a 6 speed manual but you can't find them.:banghead:
If I go auto is there a big enouth differents between the 47 and 48 tranny with duriability that I should think about before making a decision between the two.:confused013:
If I under stand correcty all of the HO have the 48re but are also much harder to find.
I have no mods in mind and will only be pulling 6,000 lbs 6 times a year. It will a daily driver 50 mi a day to work.

·
Registered
234 Posts
i got an 04 with H.O basically stock and the trans is holdin up good @80k. if you plan on keepin it all stock you should be good. If your lookin for a truck check out autotempest.com thats where i found mine

·
Registered
44 Posts
i have a 03 with the 47 and knock on wood its held up great, my buddy that had the truck before me put a ats valve body (tow version) and I average about 150 deg stop and go mostly. I did toe about as much as you did and not sure on trans temps then but i just change my fluid fairly regularly and add a trans fluid addative, name is slipping me but its a popular brand, not lucas...........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts