Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys I know this topic has been discussed a lot, but the more research I do on it the more confused I get and I cant find the answer I'm looking for. I have a transmission out of a 98 12v that has a white 3 pin connector on it and I'm trying to figure out if it is a 47re or 47rh. from the research I've done the 47rh came from years 94-95 and the 47re is 96+ but I've also read the difference between the two is the white 3 pin connector and the black 8 pin connector. and this transmission came out of a 98 12v but has the white 3pin connector.

I'm just trying to figure out which one it actually is. Is there any markings on it anywhere or tags that would tell me what it is? Please help I'm trying to sell it and I need to know so I don't screw someone over. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
1994-1995 = 47RH

1996-2002 (maybe later???) = 47RE

The 47RE can be different as at some time the speedometer sensor changed location and moved into the rear axle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1994-1995 = 47RH

1996-2002 (maybe later???) = 47RE

The 47RE can be different as at some time the speedometer sensor changed location and moved into the rear axle.
So why does my tranny have the 3 pin connector?

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Maybe someone switched the trans for a RH ? or changed the Valve body because that is where the connector hook's onto is Valve body . May have to drop pan .

·
The 10th Man
4,367 Posts
Notice the plug differences.

47RH

47RE

·
Registered
863 Posts
Notice the plug differences.

47RH

47RE
Cowboy that is not a good picture of the 47re. That plug is totally covered in crud. A better picture of the plug might be more helpful, lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I could figure out how to upload pics on here I would show you what mine looks like

·
The 10th Man
4,367 Posts
Cowboy that is not a good picture of the 47re. That plug is totally covered in crud. A better picture of the plug might be more helpful, lol.
It's been waiting there a while for the transmission of a truck I don't drive to blow up haha. I was digging through my pictures and found this one which is slightly more gooder.

If I could figure out how to upload pics on here I would show you what mine looks like

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
47rh is a 3 pin plug just like a 518 is a 2 pin plug sure look's like a 47rh to me ?

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Have alway been told the 47re has a Black plug ??

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
3 pin connector is an RH, white or black , center is ground, outboard pins are for o/d, and lockup solenoids

Reactions: simplysmn

·
Registered
863 Posts
The plug with the cover on it is the one we need to see.

That is the one that goes to the valvebody harness. RH transmission just have wiring for od and lockup so one ground 2 powers. RE's have governor pressure solenoid (2 wires) pressure transducer (3 wires) and then od and lockup solenoids. That plug on the side is not the harness plug that is the neutral safety switch.

Reactions: Cowboy303

·
The 10th Man
4,367 Posts
This is the one we're looking at.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts

This is a picture of a 47re connector

This is a picture of the electronics in a 47re.

Someone put a refrigeration fitting cover on that plug you circled cowboy. There was never anything on our transmissions that looks like that.

Reactions: Cowboy303

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Yes I believe that he Knew the cap was there . But Thank's for the better Picture

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yes I believe that he Knew the cap was there . But Thank's for the better Picture
How exactly are we supposed to identify a plug with a cap on it? :spank:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts