Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hoping to buy a 97 12 valve with 4x4 trans and transfer case, and need it to be a 2x4 transmission in order to connect it to my 76 ford's divorced tranfer case. Is this an easy conversion? Parts cheap?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, I guess that was a stupid question. I do have the money to put into this project, Im just wondering if its a good idea, or Id be better off shopping for a 2wd trans. The guy just called and said he has a 2wd trans that he'll swap me for the same money. Will the computer from a 4wd trans run a 2wd trans? Thanks for the help. (and does anyone know shipping weight for a 97 12 valve with an auto trans?)

·
Registered
90 Posts
a complete 12V with an auto attached? with the engine alone is 1185lbs dry, auto is about....250?lbs plus the weight of any packaging/crate might be 30-50lbs so your looking at about 1500lbs or better...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I was thinking, the guy selling it says it only weighs 7 to 8 hundred pounds, kinda makes me wonder if he's trying to pull a fast one or if he's just ignorant. He also said it it 36 inches long and 38 inches wide, sounds kinda small to me Im trying to get some pics, we'll see.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Thats what I was thinking, the guy selling it says it only weighs 7 to 8 hundred pounds, kinda makes me wonder if he's trying to pull a fast one or if he's just ignorant. He also said it it 36 inches long and 38 inches wide, sounds kinda small to me Im trying to get some pics, we'll see.
Make a deal with him on shipping, you pay for the first 800 lbs and have him pay for anything over. :w: and make sure he is not selling you a 4BT

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Worked it out, bought a whole truck, from the same guy. Flew down and drove it home. Im starting to really like my donor truck. It will make a great conversion. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts