Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, does anyone know where I can find one of these connectors at?

My truck recently started having issues not shifting gears and I found this. It looks like moisture got in and rotted the wires out.

Any help as always greatly appreciated, this ole girl is my daily so I need to get it fixed ASAP.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
That’s the neutral safety switch connector. Most auto parts stores should carry it or you can get one at your local Chrysler dealer.

·
Registered
14,898 Posts
Sometimes you can find various connectors at your local parts store, and sometimes places like Summit or Jegs carry them too. Check around online and maybe you'll find that one.

But I also thought that you could replace the pins inside the connector. You have to use a small screwdriver to smash down the clip side and then pull it out. Replace the wire ends with new pins and push them back into place. Obviously making sure to keep the wires in their correct positions. :thumbup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so I’m going to get the connector off of another truck my brother has, does anyone have a wiring diagram for that plug? I did the key trick and I have a P0753 and P1765

Would this connector be the source of my shifting issues and the trouble codes?

·
Registered
20,924 Posts
Where exactly was it located on the truck? Shifting issues is often the governor pressure sensor and solenoid for 1-2-3. Sometimes other things. have not seen that plug to be a problem, but?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s next to the shift linkage on the driver side of the transmisssion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts