Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Long time creeper here.
I recently bought a 91 W250 around thanksgiving of 2015. Damn near stole it for the price I paid for it and then drove it the next day 400 miles to my house. It sounds amazing and runs so good. Shortly after christmas the speedo started going screwy and finally it wouldn't move and it wouldn't shift higher than 3rd gear. limped it home the 37 miles from work and dropped it off at the best tranny shop in the area. Lucky me it was just the VSS(?) and 198$ and it works great, but since that day and one time before then it is doing the hunting for OD and what not. I've read the other posts about it and I went and bought the 2 capacitors but I am unsure where to put them. I would like to get this figured out quickly because I am about to pull a 40 FT. goose neck from Utah to PA. and I really don't want to fight OD going up the rockies.

Btw. I have the build sheet for my truck if anybody is interested in seeing it. Thanks in advanced!!

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sorry I'm no help on the OD issue but if I'm not mistaken I don't think you will want to pull that 40 footer in OD up hill anyways. Yes when you get the chance post the build sheet as I know I would be interested in see what they look like.

Kevin
xxx

·
Registered
758 Posts
Funny I just drove past that Maverik the other day. I'm no help on the capacitors either, but it is my understanding that the old non lock up trannies don't like towing in od especially up hill. Good luck, hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha I don't plan to tow it up hill in OD. Just for the flats and what not. I know that the capacitors go on the Tps but while I'm in there should I try and replace the pins in the connector for the Tps?

·
Registered
88 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.