Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

450hp with no electronics?

3211 49
I don't like putting to much trust in aftermarket electronics. That being said, I know I would have to have a boost fooler. Other than that, what's the simplest way to get 400-450hp without using a box. BTW, I am not opposed to using a smarty as from what I've read you just program with it & it doesn't have to ride around in your truck plugged in.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
613 Posts
Get a turbo that's suits your needs, mikes monster pump kit ( included pump injectors and tubes) then supporting mods and you could hit what you like without electronics.

· Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get a turbo that's suits your needs, mikes monster pump kit ( included pump injectors and tubes) then supporting mods and you could hit what you like without electronics.
You're suggesting this because i wouldn't have a tapped vp so I would need more fueling in a more mechanical manner hence the monster pump and higher flowing tubes?

Also, who is mike?

Thanks!

· Registered
1,281 Posts
Why not just p-pump it....no electronics there

· Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not that hardcore :shock:

I put p-pumping in the 'Advanced Users' category!

· Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm not that hardcore :shock:

I put p-pumping in the 'Advanced Users' category!
oh ok....lol.... well just like the other guys are saying, some bigger injectors and a bigger turbo....a HRVP could possibly help as well since your not planning on tapping it....

· Kansas Chapter VP
Big Red. 1993 W350. NV 4500. HX35.
5,411 Posts
Hey,

Why are you so worried about electronics??:confused013:

Many guys run them and the trucks live very long lives!!!!!:thumbsup:

You'll have to have some sort of boost fouler to keep the MAP from seeing too high of boost and de-fueling the truck!!!!:shock:

If you don't want to tap the pump get a Edge EZ or a Comp (just don't tap it)!!!!:thumbsup:

Later,
Winslow

· Registered
6,585 Posts
like prowelder said, why so apposed to electronics? why are you cool with something that reprograms your ECM (smarty). rather than something that just fools ecm inputs (edge, quad, ext.)?

like i said before, aftermarket moduels dont reprogram you ecm, they just fool its inputs. so, if it to happens to fail, you will just go back to stock. there is very little to no risk.

jw... do you watch those powerstroke things on youtube with that bald headed guy?

· Mule Barn Proprietor
11,778 Posts
like prowelder said, why so apposed to electronics? why are you cool with something that reprograms your ECM (smarty). rather than something that just fools ecm inputs (edge, quad, ext.)?

like i said before, aftermarket moduels dont reprogram you ecm, they just fool its inputs. so, if it to happens to fail, you will just go back to stock. there is very little to no risk.

jw... do you watch those powerstroke things on youtube with that bald headed guy?
HUH?:confused013: LINKY

· Registered
360 Posts

:hehe: i know who hes talking about, the dude on the 6.0 powerstrokes

· Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I didn't say I was going to trust a monster pump. They don't seem all that reliable.

I was just wondering if I could easily get to this performance level without having a module that alters the values that the computer is looking at from the sensors. I am having minor troubleshooting issues on my truck at the moment and I think that between changing injectors, my timing box possibly acting up, and my vp possibly acting up that maybe simpler may be better? :confused013:

So let me restate the question: What are some good ways 'someone' can efficiently get 400-450hp using injectors, turbos, twins, intake manifolds, head work, air intakes, etc etc without the use of more than a boost fooler and a smarty program if this 'someone' didn't want to use a box?

Could I still step up to a bigger turbo with my 100's without a timing box? Or would spool up be affected by not having a box? Would it be too smokey without a box adding timing to the 100hp sticks?

Thanks, Guys!

· Registered
6,585 Posts
it wouls be ALOT easyer with a box (but it def can be done). for instance; a fuel/timing box, 150's, and a 62mm turbo will get you close to 500hp.

using your guidelines... id say 150-200s, smarty revo (use for timing), 62mm turbo. someone correct me if im way off... you couldnt spool a very big turbo with just 100's. you need timing to make power.

a smarty fuel is a double edged soard, will fuel hard to 2700rpm then fall on its face and hurt the top end, headwork (p&p) is never a bad idea, intake manifolds and intercoolers are a waste of money on a 400-450hp truck (there are tons of 700+hp turcks on stock intakes and coolers), you wouldnt have the fuel to spin twins.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.