Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in the process of putting in a 98 12v 215hp motor into a 70 chevy 4x4. it is going to be a daily driver and sometimes towing a gooseneck trailer. i would like to be in the 450-500hp range and not have high egts towing. the truck will have a 47re trans with 33 inch tires. which would be better 3.54 or 3.73? can go either way. i know a guy that can set the pump up for whatever i want on the stand. he recommended the largest factory nozzles bosch puts out. i dont know if these are the so called marine nozzles, and if so do i want them? i will add a 4k spring kit and it has a #5 plate in it, when i bought it, before it hits the stand. what are your alls thoughts on the charger? it has the stock hx35 on it now. tia

kevin

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would probably go with a 3.73 gear since you are running the 47RE and 33 inch tires. I would think it would put you right in the sweet spot running down the highway. I put down 464 on the dyno with a 3k gsk, 370 marines, piers cam, #100 plate, modded afc, 18* timing, a HTT 64/14/65, and a fuel problem. My truck has a 6-spd, and running empty, the egt's are manageable. Throw a trailer behind it and forget it. Your RPM's have to be between 2000-2500 to keep it under 1300. 370's are cheap horsepower, but not the top recommended injector for a working/towing truck. The spray pattern is not correct for your engines piston bowl, which will build heat easier. A charger in the 62mm range will probably help keep it cooler, or you build a small set of twins.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts