Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
PA VP ONE TUFF O3
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i dynoed my truck over the weekend. little low on the hp i think
but i made 416.9 at the rear wheels at 3100 rpm and the hp was still climbing and 813.5 lb-ft at 2050 rpm.

it was a great time cant wait to do again

that is the corrected hp also i was hoping for 450 but i was running out of fuel

stock injectors and stock Cp3

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
If he was still climbing at 3100 RPM, wouldn't that imply that the numbers are quite low due to inadequate dyno loading?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I wouldnt worry over it, superflow dynos usually read a little bit lower than the dynojets. What type of programmer were you using? Do you have an aftermarket turbo?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Did you use the TST along with the smarty?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Well i dynoed my truck over the weekend. little low on the hp i think
but i made 416.9 at the rear wheels at 3100 rpm and the hp was still climbing and 813.5 lb-ft at 2050 rpm.

it was a great time cant wait to do again

that is the corrected hp also i was hoping for 450 but i was running out of fuel

stock injectors and stock Cp3
I also have a programmer on the truck.
turbo yes
smarty yes very first program on it wating on the tnt/r or tnt i cant get it but i just want the tnt
The Smarty alone would have most likely given you higher #s.

The TST also would have proven higher #s, if you know how to use it!

I'll bet, you set the TST to 4/4, 6/6/, 9/ 9, and thought.

Depending on the TST program, stock injectors, stock CP3, 5/2, 6/2, will net the highest #s. If you set the tq above 2 on a stock/factory cp3, you will drain the rail too early, and it will never catch up. Leave the tq setting at 1 or 2, then experment with the power levels.

By the way, nice #s.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts