Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
VA Chapter VP
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
engaged my 4 wheel drive and started hearing a popping noise when i moved, noise wasn't consistent but every once in a while it would pop, already cheked the cad unit, vacume lines to and from the transfer case. anyone had issues like this before.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Check all U-joint in the front axle and in the front drive shaft. The double jointed piece on the rear of the driveshaft requires the shaft to be removed to check. There is a pin in the middle the might break and cause the popping noise.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mine does the same thing. But it always does it in the sand or if i launch in 4 hi. But in the mud or snow its fine.

·
VA Chapter VP
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the other day i hauled a 3/4 ton truck on the back of my 5th wheel i had to use four hi and low to keep the truck from moving when loading the other truck and backing it up into a ditch with the trailer attatched i never heard it pop. i heard the cad unit might be going bad, but when i took it off and engaged the fork slid right over just fine and i could lock it in manually but sliding the sleeve over then risntalling the cad unit. i will check my u-joint though and vacume lines

1 - 5 of 5 Posts