Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well just had an ice storm so i went for a drive and i put it in 4 wheels drive to get around better and i was taking off and it felt like it was vibrating but then i took it back out of 4 wheel and it was smooth

·
Registered
141 Posts
check your u-joints on both axles and driveshaft.If you can't find anything wrong with the truck sitting on its wheels, put the truck up on blocks or jackstands,put the truck in drive and watch and listen for vibration or odd sounds.
Don

·
Registered
247 Posts
were you turning when this happened?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no going straight

·
Registered
28 Posts
4 high or 4 low? Mine did it also so I put it in 4 low and went around a corner and the problem worked itself out. The front u joints went out on driver side. Oh well fixed them up with a new set on each side and off to the snow I went

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ok. I was hoping that it was just wheel hop from turning. In this case I would have to say that if all tires are the same size then I agree with woody.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4 high i thought about putting it in 4 low but i was in town and people were behind me so i couldnt

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes all four tires are the same

1 - 8 of 8 Posts